Friday, December 09, 2005

Wise Words - Joyeux Noel Film

"If we could read the secret history of our enemies, we should find in
each man's life sorrow and suffering enough to disarm any hostility."
- Henry Wordsworth Longfellow.

This quote leads in the story of the new film "Joyeux Noel" that tells
the story of the fraternizations on Christmas Day, during the Great War in 1914.
The film is brilliant,
sad, funny and wise. Peace is possible.

Here are some wise quotes from this wise man,
just click on this link:

http://www.coolquotes.com/quotes/henry_wordsworth_longfellow.html

(I love the one about being seventy and the alps!)

2 Comments:

At 7:29 AM, Blogger Ashleyshea said...

I love the first quote you posted. It took me a while to come to that realization -- that I, too, could be a murder, given the "right" situation. I've tried to explain that to others but I'm never very effective. I hope this movie can get it across better than I can! Thanks for letting us know about it.

 
At 4:02 AM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

Let me know if you see it. It's extremely uplifting and not too sad, though I did cry, but it wasn't too much. The message is too good to miss. Blessings to you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home